We invite you to the New England Building Officials Education Association’s 51st Anniversary Conference to be held October 2-4, 2017 at the University of Massachusetts in Amherst, MA. This conference draws over three hundred Building Officials, Commissioners and Inspectors from every New England state and you are invited to be a Speaker and/or Exhibitor and present and discuss a topic of your choice of related products, codes, or other subjects relevant to the construction industry. Speaker presentations are to be ongoing throughout the entire conference. Exhibits will be open all day Monday and Tuesday.
Location: Auditorium, Concourse and adjoining meeting rooms on the first floor and ICC testing on the 9th floor of the:
Murray D. Lincoln Campus Center
819 Campus Center
One Campus Center Way
Amherst, MA 01003-9243
(Use this for a GPS address. It will bring you to the parking garage.)
Parking / Lodging: A parking garage is adjacent to, and dining and hotel rooms are available at, the Campus Center. In order to connect with the UMass Amherst Conference Services for hotel room registrations call (877) 822-2110 or use this link Registration. For hotel registrations use Group Code NEO17C. Hotel reservations must be made no later than September 2nd. Any program attendee parking in a University lot without displaying a proper permit or parking in a designated tow zone, handicapped space, fire lane, or any restricted area will be subject to having the vehicle ticketed and towed at the expense of the individual.
INFORMATION FOR SPEAKERS
Meals / Parking: If you arrive Monday, October 2nd from 7:30am – 1:00pm you will have a packet at the large Registration Table. After that time your packet will be at the small Registration Desk. Both are located on the 1st floor Concourse. The packet will contain your name tag, a complinentary parking pass and meal tickets that you requested for those days you are making a presentation, along with a complimentary ticket for the Social Hour held on Tuesday evening. Additional Social Hour tickets are $30 each, breakfast tickets are $16, lunch buffet tickets are $25and parking passes are $5 and can be purchased at Room 810 on the 8th floor.
Presentations: Code Related Topics Must Reference the 2015 ICC Codes.
If you are a manufacturer’s representative, keep your program generic and not a sales program for your product.
If it is necessary for your program to have paper copies for the participants it is your responsibility to provide them for distribution immediately prior to your class.
WE PROVIDE: audio-visual LCD Projector, PA system, Wireless Microphone, Presentation Remote, Flip Chart and Podium.
If you wish to be an Speaker please complete this form.
INFORMATION FOR EXHIBITORS
Meals/Parking: If you arrive Monday, October 2rd from 7:30am – 1:00pm you will have a packet at the large Registration Table. After that time your packet will be at the small Registration Desk. Both are located on the 1st floor Concourse. The packet will contain your name tag(s), up to two complimentary lunch buffet tickets and one parking pass per day you are exhibiting and up to two complimentary breakfast and Social Hour tickets if you are exhibiting on Tuesday. Additional Social Hour tickets $30, lunch buffet tickets are $25, breakfast tickets $16, parking passes $6.50 and can be purchased at Room 810 on the 8th floor.
YOU ARE WELCOME TO SET UP SUNDAY – TUESDAY IN THE AUDITORIUM OR CONCOURSE.
Sunday October 1: Set up after 4:00pm.
Monday October 2: Set up before 8:00am or after 5:00pm.
Tuesday October 3: Set up before 8:00am.
Exhibits shall not be taken down before 3:30pm Monday or 3:00pm Tuesday.
THE FOLLOWING NOTICE IS REQUIRED BY UMASS
1. Exhibits must be well planned and should not interfere with the traffic flow or require relocation of furnishings, rugs, and/or paintings.
2. One 6' table and two chairs will be furnished with each scheduled space.
3. Exhibitors cannot use existing walls or ceilings for display purposes. All rear walls of each exhibit must be freestanding and no higher than six feet. Side walls of each exhibit must be no more than three feet high and they should not interfere with the direct visibility of adjoining exhibits.
4. Exhibitors shall provide canvas or waterproof coverings to protect rugs and floor surfaces when University Conference Services (UCS) deems such protection necessary.
5. Access to 120V/20 amp electrical service will be available to exhibitors at their location for a fee of $50.00 per exhibitor. Exhibitors must supply their own extension cords and power strips (extension cords must be 3 wire, grounded cords, minimum 18 gauge, type SJT or SJTW insulation). UCS reserves the right to refuse use of any damaged equipment or equipment that does not meet the above guidelines. Wall receptacles are available at most table locations at no charge. If gang extension cords are required to serve tables, NEBOEA will cover the cost.)
6. Exhibitors must provide a clear description and/or drawing of the proposed display. UCS reserves the right of approval of any exhibit.
7. UCS will not assume responsibility for the safety of exhibits against damage or loss by fire, theft, or by other means.
8. Exhibits or displays may be shipped, if prepaid, no more than 3 days prior to the scheduled event for storage. The shipping address should read as follows:
UMass Conference Services Campus Center Receiving
New England Building Officials Annual Conference
University of Massachusetts
Amherst, MA 01003
Attention: Amber Paluk CS# 18062
At the completion of the exhibition, exhibitors are responsible for packing, labeling, addressing and making shipping arrangements for their exhibits. Any exhibits not properly packed will not be shipped.
If you wish to be an Exhibitor please complete this form.
For More Information, Contact:
280 Bread and Milk Street
Coventry, CT 06238
Tel. & Fax: 860 742-7770